Sunday, August 26, 2007

Turkey panini

I found this recipe in an old issue of Shape and modified it to make it a little more WW-friendly. It turned out to be a really yummy and satisfying lunch.

1 Thomas' Lite Whole Grain english muffin
3 slices Oscar Meyer honey smoked deli turkey
1 T shredded asiago cheese
1 tsp red pepper and basil preserves (you can find these in the grocery in the same section as regular fruit preserves)

Assemble sandwich and cook on panini grill, if you want. I didn't feel like digging the panini grill out of the cabinet for one sandwich, so I cooked it in a skillet on the stove with another skillet on top of the sandwich and a can of tomatoes on top of that to weigh everything down. Serve with salad greens tossed with fat free vinaigrette (I like to whisk basalmic vinegar together with some dijon mustard and lemon juice).

Total: 3 pts

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Your blog is great. I am on WW too, we can swap recipes!

Oh, by the way, you're it! You've been tagged! See my blog for the details!

www.onetinypinkkitchen.blogspot.com