Friday, August 10, 2007

First post!

I have to admit, I'm in a little bit of a rut as far as breakfast goes. I usually am so out of it in the morning that I find it best to put myself on autopilot in the kitchen. Here's what a typical breakfast looks like for me:

2 egg whites, scrambled with veggies
1 slice Food For Life Ezekiel bread, toasted, with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
Fruit of some sort - peaches are especially good right now
Coffee with Splenda and 2 T Land O' Lakes fat free half and half

Total: 2.5 points (or less, depending on what type of fruit I have - a peach is 1 point, but strawberries are 0 points for 1 cup)


I guess I've fallen into a rut with my lunches lately as well (I usually have 1/2 of a turkey sandwich and yogurt). So today, I made the following salad for lunch. It's about half a point more than I usually eat for lunch, but I'll gain that back in my snack later.

2 cups fresh spinach
1/3 roasted red bell pepper (I'll save the other 2/3 for sandwiches, etc later this weekend)
1 canned artichoke heart, chopped
1 T goat cheese crumbles
2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
Whole wheat pita chips (I cut a whole wheat pita into 12 chips and baked them at 400 degrees until slightly browned and crispy, about 5 minutes)

Total: 3 points

No comments: