Friday, August 10, 2007

Perfect Summer Dinner + Dessert

Dinner tonight was burgers (real hamburgers for my hubby, *tweaked* burger for me). This meal has been tricky to WW-ize, but I figured out a way to make a veggie burger with lots of extras VERY low in points.

1 Vegan Boca Burger (the flame grilled kind is especially good)
1 Thomas' Light Whole Grain English Muffin, toasted
1/4 cup onions, 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, sauteed together in cooking spray (the mushrooms will cook down quite a bit)
1 slice Kraft Deli Select 2% milk swiss cheese
On the side, grilled zucchini and a big garden salad with fresh basil and 2 T reduced calorie ranch dressing

Total: 5 points (unless you like to use a ridiculous amount of ketchup, which will add additional points)


Dessert was one of my summer faves, grilled pineapple with vanilla ice cream. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture and posting it; this dessert was gorgeous and tasted even better.

3 thick slices pineapple (about 1 cup total)
3/4 cup Edy's Double Churned lowfat, no sugar added vanilla bean ice cream
2 T toasted coconut (I mixed 1.5 T in with the ice cream in advance, a la Coldstone, and popped the ice cream back in the freezer for another hour or so, then sprinkled the remaining coconut on top to serve)
1 T melted semi-sweet chocolate chips (drizzled on top of the ice cream)

Total: 6.5 points (On the high side, I know, but I saved earlier in the day so that I could have this tonight. You could omit the chocolate and save 2 points if you want)

1 comment:

Avian said...

Hi! This is Avian from thenest.com. I tried your pineapple and ice cream recipe last night. It was tres delicious!! Just thought I'd let you know!! =)